Monday, March 26, 2012

Psapp

Do you know Grey's Anatomy? Well, is one of my favorite Tv series.
Since the first episode I fell in love with the title song "Cosy in the Rocket" by Psapp.


Psapp are an experimental electronica band, formed by Galia Durant, English polyhedral artist, and Carim Classman, German musician. 
The peculiarity of the band is that they realize their songs with many different sounds using children's xylophones, rubber dolls, mechanical ashtrays in addition to traditional music instruments.
The music of Psapp can be defined toytronica.
Galia Durant draw every CD cover and, with Classman, designs all the sets of their concerts. They are all-round artists! Galia in particular has a website in which you can buy her works: GaliaDurant

From their second album "Tiger, My Friend" (2004), famous for "Cosy in the Rocket", I would like to show you a couple of songs that I really love: "Rear Moth" and "Leaving in Coffins".



Psapp's first album is titled "Northdown", but it's actually an EP, published only in Japan. It contains seven tracks, four will be released worldwide in subsequent Album or EP.
"Curuncula" published in "Tiger, my Friend" (2004)
"Side Dish" and "Dirt is Falling" in "Early Cats and tracks" EP (2006)
"Happy Lamb" in "Early Cats and Tracks, vol.2" (2009)

Trivia: during live performances, Psapp usually throw on people some homemade rag cats!
They love cats and they say that their music appeals to cats... True story! I have two and they are always intrigued by Psapp music!

In recent years, Psapp publish two albums "The Only Thing I Ever Wanted (2006) and "The Camel's Back" (2009). From "Camel's Back" I choose to make you hear "Monster Song", sad, wistful and melancholic song, the sound that I like then.


The Psapp production is represented by six EP, as well as three studio album, released between 2003 and 2009. The last is "Early Cats and Tracks, vol.2" (2009).

I wish you a good afternoon with a song that I love: "Always in my Head" from the Ep "Early Cats and Tracks", song listened on Tv series Nip/Tuck and Grey's Anatomy. 
This piece really has style, Galia's voice is sad, elusive, elegant and clear, love it!


Thank you!
Bye!

Click HERE for Italian Version



No comments:

Post a Comment