Friday, March 23, 2012

Daughtry


"And it feels like tonight.
I can't believe I'm broken inside.
Can't you see that there's nothing that I wanna do,
But try to make it up to you?
And it feels like tonight,
tonight"

Daughtry's here! "Feels Like Tonight" was released in 2008 but in Italy is  famous only because was the soundtrack of some commercials and promotion of TV series "Brothers & Sisters".


Chris Daughtry is "son" of the U.S. talent show American Idol, in wich he participated, but not won, in 2006.
He lends its name to the band, that it bears the name of "Daughtry". The genre is rock, but not too edgy, at times is hard and melodious, sweet but strong. Chris Daughtry's voice is powerful and particularly beautiful.
The first album is a succession of masterpieces, from the first single "It's Not Over" to the ballad "Home", from "Breakdown" to the poignant "What About Now". In this album we can listen to a song written by Chris and played by former Guns N'Roses guitarist Slash! Here "What I Want" for you!


The second album was released in 2009, the title is "Leave This Town" and contains another set of stunning songs. The single that promote the release of the album is "No Suprise", in my opinion less compelling song compared to other. Personally I was excited about songs like "September", Ghost of Me", "What I Meant to Say" and  the beautiful "Tennessee Line", a clever mix of guitar, voice and moods that really remind to a railroad, a train, a journey to be undertaken. The style is very country and the reason is in collaboration with Vince Gill, famous American singer-songwriter, winner of 20 Grammy Awards.

"On my way to L.A. looking into the rearview as the roads fade away
I've sword off my past, first to last bad call that I ever made
Tell me how to make right every wrong turn that I've learned
So this can all end tonight
Tennessee line just change my mind, well it's my heartI'll follow this time"


In Italy, new Daughtry's album "Break the Spell", was released in november 2011.
It's another wonderful work! "Crawling Back to You" is beautiful, I definitely love "Break the Spell", "Crazy", "Renegade" and the energy of "Outta my Head". 
Great job Chris!



Bye!

Click HERE for Italian Version




No comments:

Post a Comment